Basics, Classic Makeup, Quick Makeup Routine

A Simple Pop of Color

January 22, 2015

For months now I’ve been wearing mostly neutral eye shadows, so I thought I’d start easing my way back into color. For this easy look I decided to place the color around my liquid liner to keep it toned down, but still noticeable. You could really use any color you’d like here, but I decided to go with purple.

2015-01-21-FINAL-TN 2015-01-11-21-01-TN 2015-01-11-21-02-TN

1. Apply your liquid liner as you normally would, then let it dry completely.
2. Use a liner brush (I used the “Straight to the Point” brush by MOTD Cosmetics) to line just above your liquid liner with your chosen color.
3. Use the same liner brush and line your bottom lash line with your chosen color.
4. Add mascara and some lipstick and you’re all set!

Easy peasy, yes? What colors would you choose if you wore this look?

PS: follow me along my MOTD Cosmetics Brand Ambassador journey on instagram: @motd_cosmetics & @mishmoshmakeup ♥

• Reply Lolita January 22, 2015 at 12:41 pm

I agree, easy to wear and looks amazing! delicate and beautiful.

as far as you are a blogger and you often deal with photos, perhaps, you will find my photo app really useful and interesting. warmly welcome to try it here: carde-app.com. thanks a lot, Jenny!!

• Reply laura mitbrodt January 22, 2015 at 1:15 pm

Pretty, I love the subtle colour

• Reply Jenny January 22, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Thank you, Laura!

• Reply Ella-Ro January 22, 2015 at 1:37 pm

So I don’t usually wear much make up but I love the subtlety of this look. You are a beauty yourself, thank you for the kind message on my blog!

• Reply Jenny January 22, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Thank you so much for stopping by! Xx

• Reply Agata January 22, 2015 at 2:31 pm

This is a really pretty look, Jenny. I would definitely pick purple too although I usually just put eyeshadows all over my eyelid or otherwise I’d feel like my makeup is undone. But maybe I am wrong, I will have to try this look! Btw, what’s on your lips? Such a pretty color!

• Reply Jenny January 22, 2015 at 2:57 pm

Lol, I totally feel naked if I don’t have anything on my lids. I actually do have on some light, neutral colors on my lids here so I would feel a little more put together. I’m wearing the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade “Istanbul.” :)

• Reply Agata January 22, 2015 at 3:28 pm

I swear I always get distracted at Ulta and forget to check out those NYX lippies…until I see you wear one of the products 😉 One day I will remember! I feel naked even if I don’t wear eyeliner in my waterlines, lol.

• Reply Jenny January 23, 2015 at 10:59 am

You definitely need to check out those lipsticks- they’re really affordable and have some beautiful shades!

• Reply Amy January 22, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Your makeup looks amazing! What a perfect way to sneak in a little bit of colour ♥
    Amy xx

Perfect Imperfections

• Reply Jen January 22, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Very pretty! Love the look of purple liner :)

• Reply Renee January 22, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Very pretty! Love the color.

• Reply arnella kajtezovic January 22, 2015 at 9:24 pm

so subtle and simple, looks great!

• Reply Nikki January 22, 2015 at 10:57 pm

WOW! Your eyes looks amazing!! Love this!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

• Reply Jenny January 23, 2015 at 10:58 am

• Reply Texas Jak January 22, 2015 at 11:55 pm

Did you use 3 different lipsticks for the application photos? Maybe it’s my age and eyes.
    Either way, I love the colors and I need to find a way to incorporate a white inner-eyeliner with my everyday look.
    Texas Jak

• Reply Jenny January 23, 2015 at 10:58 am

Hi! In the first 3 photos I had on a clear lip balm to moisturize my lips before applying lipstick. Between each photo I guess I must have licked some off (I’m horrible at doing that, ha!).

• Reply Alana (@lana_sultana) January 23, 2015 at 1:36 am

This is such a pretty look Jenny! I’d probably use an emerald green for my brown eyes :) x
    Lana
    Lana-sultana.blogspot.com

• Reply Amber Rhodes January 23, 2015 at 6:39 am

This looks great! You must have such a steady hand! I think I would probably try a green!
    Amber

• Reply Jessica January 23, 2015 at 9:39 am

You look beautiful! I love colorful eye liner, I have a dark gray-blue eye liner that I LOVE to wear… I don’t wear it that often but when I do, I feel awesome haha 😉

Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

• Reply Jenny January 23, 2015 at 11:00 am

Lol! I just recently purchased a liquid navy liner and while I love the way that it applies, no one can tell it’s navy- it looks black! I think blue liners are so pretty, though! Which one do you use?

• Reply Meghan Arnold January 23, 2015 at 2:36 pm

I would totally do this with greens. This is lovely!

• Reply Jenny January 23, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Ohhhh emerald green would be pretty. OHHH you could do emerald green with silver liner and be a SLYTHERIN.

• Reply THE BAMBI EYES January 23, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Great tips! I’ve also been keeping it on the down-low with colourful shadows. I want to get back into colour too but I’m feeling a bit shy for some reason (lol), but I will need to try this method out!

xo Stacey

• Reply Jenny January 23, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Yeah, I don’t know why I am always so hesitant to choose colorful shadows now! I am going to delve back into them :)

• Reply Sam (@girlvsmakeup) January 23, 2015 at 4:25 pm

This is simpler than I thought it would be! It looks gorgeous on you. I’d probably go for navy and purple :) Also, that lip color is so nice!

• Reply Jenny January 23, 2015 at 5:01 pm

Those would be some pretty colors together :)

• Reply Francesca January 23, 2015 at 7:19 pm

You should wear more colors! You have a ton of eyelid space to work with, I’m jealous hahaha

Batty4Beauty.com

• Reply Jenny January 24, 2015 at 6:21 pm

Lol! I’m going to, which colors would you like to see?

• Reply Jana January 24, 2015 at 12:11 pm

I absolutely love your make up looks! Purple looks good on you x

Jana
    Life of Jana

• Reply Jenny January 24, 2015 at 6:20 pm

Thank you, Jana!

• Reply haekunamatata January 24, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Oh goodness your lips! The color of your LIPSSSSS!!!!!!!
    I’ve been trying on some bold lippies these couple of days, but this shade of pink is so perfect.
    Plus, I’m so cray cray about purple these days that I even wanna dye my hair purple (seriously, having some issues here hahaha), so I am LOVVVING this look babe <3

Have a wonderful weekend love!

XOXO,

HaeMin

• Reply Jenny January 24, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Haha, thank you! I love purple, too :) I no longer color my hair, but I did love when I had my hair a deep violet ^_^

• Reply Tiff January 26, 2015 at 12:48 am

I love the purple look so much! I came into some purple eyeshadow and have been wondering what kind of looks I could get out of it…now I can try and experiment with this look! Thanks!

Tiff | AMtoPM

• Reply Jenny January 26, 2015 at 12:51 pm

Purples can be so fun to work with! Let me know when you post a look using them :)

• Reply Chantal January 27, 2015 at 2:42 pm

What a great pictorial! You’ve got to send me these so I can share them too!

• Reply Gyudy (@Gyudy) January 29, 2015 at 6:14 am

Love this look, such an amazing way to put some subtle colour in! I usually go straight to coloured pencil eyeliner, but I have to try this too! :) xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• Reply Jenny January 29, 2015 at 10:14 am

I don’t own any colored pencil liners, so that’s why I used eye shadow hahaha!

• Reply Nadine January 29, 2015 at 5:25 pm

This is such a pretty make-up look! I really want to try it sometime or something similar, at least. :)