Review

Current Skin Care Loves

January 27, 2015

IMG_4633.1

So far this winter I’ve had some problematic skin: oily in my t-zone, extremely dry everywhere else, dullness, blemishes popping up all over the place… I think you get the idea. I browsed Ulta at the beginning of this month and picked up a few things that I thought might be helpful for this ‘rough patch’ I’m having, and so far it seems to be helping.

1. Get Your Glow On Mask $5.99: This is a radiance boosting skin mask that includes papaya to resurface skin, and citrus to help brighten your skin. Added bonus- it unclogs pores, helps banish breakouts, and sloughs off dead skin.

2. Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner $11.50: This is a “shake to activate” product that contains tea tree oil, lemon tea tree, and tamanu oil which all work together to fight off blemishes & blackheads, and control excess oil production.

3. Maybelline Dream Pure BB $8.99: I’ve written about the Dream Fresh BB before, and how much I love it. The difference between the two is the Dream Pure contains 2% Salicylic Acid to help fight off blemishes. The most important part, for me, is that it is also hydrates your skin while helping to heal it of acne/blemishes.

4. Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm $12.00: I didn’t get this one at Ulta but I had to include it. This came in my January Ipsy bag, and I love it. This is truly the best balm I’ve ever used. I put this on once in the morning and once in the evening, and that is all I need to keep my lips feeling hydrated.

I of course have other products that I use in my skin care routine, but don’t want to bore you to tears. These were just some new purchases that I’ve been pleased with and thought I’d share. What are some new beauty products that you’re currently loving?

I wanted to let you all know that my contact page is now working. For a long while the page was up and seemed to function normally, but wouldn’t send me e-mails when people attempted to contact me, and I’m so sorry. That won’t be a problem in the future!

I also want to say a quick thank you to Karen at Makeup and Beauty Blog for featuring me as her MBB Reader of the Week!

PS: follow me along my MOTD Cosmetics Brand Ambassador journey on instagram: @motd_cosmetics & @mishmoshmakeup ♥

• Reply Agata January 27, 2015 at 11:24 am

That mask looks interesting and I love affordable products that actually work. Have to pick it up next time I am at Ulta.

• Reply Jenny January 27, 2015 at 11:37 am

Yep! I love it. The formula is a little thick and it dries very quickly, so you have to work very fast to get it all over your face. Other than that, it’s a really great product for the price, and I can definitely tell it’s working.

• Reply Rumela Dey January 27, 2015 at 11:33 am

The BB cream is really awesome I love it too.

• Reply Jenny January 27, 2015 at 11:37 am

Yes! I love it so much.

• Reply june January 27, 2015 at 12:12 pm

We have some problem, My skin dry and dull too because of the weather. Thank you for sharing!

Xo june

• Reply Laura Jane McCarthy January 27, 2015 at 12:34 pm

I love that Maybelline BB Cream, it’s fab

Anything & Everything | Bloglovin’

• Reply Meghan Arnold January 27, 2015 at 12:40 pm

I’m currently loving Simple Nourishing Night and Day cream. It has saved my ravaged winter skin. I haven’t tried the BB cream, yet, but thanks for the reminder!

• Reply Jenny January 27, 2015 at 1:04 pm

You’d think with my sensitive skin I’d have tried Simple by now, but I haven’t. I’m nearly out of my favorite moisturizer so I think I’ll get this next!

• Reply Jennifer January 27, 2015 at 12:42 pm

Hi there, Karen and Tabs the wonder cat sent me over.
    My favorite new beauty product this minute is Philosophy’s Renewed Hope in a Jar moisturizer. It’s making my skin glow!
    p.s. I really like the simplicity of your site design.

Jennifer

• Reply Jenny January 27, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Yay! I love Karen and feel so honored to be featured on her bloggy :) I just got a few samples of the Philosophy stuff but have yet to try it- I’ll try it out tonight then!
      And thank you, my husband designed my site for me :)

• Reply laura mitbrodt January 27, 2015 at 12:52 pm

I wish that BB cream didn’t make me break out because I really liked it. That face mask looks interesting

• Reply Jenny January 27, 2015 at 1:05 pm

Aw, I know, I wish it didn’t break your skin out either! I’m sorry it did =/

• Reply Kelsey January 27, 2015 at 12:58 pm

I’ve been having similar issues and these products have completely rocked my skin care world: Lush Tea Tree Toner, Lush Grease Lightning, and Lush Vanishing Cream. They are amazing and cruelty free! All very cheap minus the vanishing cream moisturizer.

• Reply Jenny January 27, 2015 at 1:06 pm

I keep forgetting about Lush. There isn’t one anywhere near where I live, so I never think to get it. Those all sound like wonders though! I’ll have to look into them!

• Reply eilidh January 27, 2015 at 1:47 pm

my skin has been the exact same as yours recently, really not ideal:( I definitely will try some of these products, my routine really needs switched out!

Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

• Reply Chantal January 27, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Ohh! I going to have to try that mask!

• Reply Renee January 27, 2015 at 3:08 pm

I’ve heard such great things about the tea tree line at the body shop!

• Reply Dani January 27, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Maybelline Fresh BB is my favorite drugstore BB so far – and I wasn’t aware that there was a blemish fighting version! I’ll have to pick it up next time I’m in need – I’m currently trying to get through a Garnier one which I was really disappointed with unfortunately. Thank you for the sneak into your routine!

• Reply Jen January 27, 2015 at 4:58 pm

Nice picks! I really like the Body Shop Tea Tree range and I’ve been so curious to try Malin + Goetz :)

• Reply beautetude2013 January 27, 2015 at 5:26 pm

I want to try that BB cream I usually like to wear full coverage foundations but I want to try something more lighter. The tea tree toner sounds great but I think I would try to make that myself since I have the main ingredients.
    Great post.
    Beautetude

• Reply Jenny January 27, 2015 at 9:39 pm

Ohhh, you should try to make it and let me know how it works out! And I like full coverage foundations as well, but on mornings when I’m in a rush this is quick and easy. I can skip skin care and jump right into the BB Cream, use my fingers to apply, and it blends so easily. It also adjusts to your skin tone once it warms up a bit.

• Reply jade January 27, 2015 at 5:42 pm

What a lovely blog post!!! Had a great read :)

Love the blog http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ would love to see a comment

Have a nice day

Jade

xx

• Reply Becky Hines January 27, 2015 at 6:48 pm

I love reading skin care posts because I feel like a lot of the times I get stuck in a rut with the products I use and usually I’m skeptical about using items that I haven’t read reviews about! I absolutely love the tea tree line from the body shop, it’s so amazing, and with the oil I find that there are so many uses for it! Have you tried any of the GlamGlow line? I recently tried the Glamglow hydration cleanser and I fell in love. It’s expensive, but I went into my local Sephora and they gave me quite a few samples!

Becky, xx // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

• Reply Jenny January 27, 2015 at 9:37 pm

I LOVE Glamglow, but you’re right, it’s so expensive. I have just a weeeeee bit left of the Thirsty Mud by them, then I have to give them a break for a while. I wish their prices weren’t so high. But, I’m on a mission to find drugstore products that work just as well :)

• Reply Jessica January 27, 2015 at 8:22 pm

that mask sounds amazing, and what a good price! congrats on being reader of the month on Karen’s blog! :)

Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

• Reply Amy January 27, 2015 at 8:42 pm

These all look lovely, especially the mask ♥
    Amy xx

Perfect Imperfections

• Reply Francesca January 27, 2015 at 8:53 pm

I’ve been wanting to try that face mask for so long, or at least one from that line. The sound so great!

Batty4Beauty.com

• Reply Jenny January 27, 2015 at 9:31 pm

And they’re very affordable!

• Reply Alana (@lana_sultana) January 28, 2015 at 6:30 am

I should try some of these, I’ve had similar problems with my skin. So many breakouts! I’ve been using Dr Bonners Castile soap and that seems to be working ok at the moment. Great for sensitive skin :)
    Lana
    Lana-sultana.blogspot.com

• Reply Jenny January 28, 2015 at 10:07 am

I’ll have to look into that. Anything for sensitive skin is good for me!

• Reply surbhi January 28, 2015 at 10:38 am

body shop is my go too product too.
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog ! If you want we can follow each other on GFC ,Bloglovin/G+..Let me know !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

• Reply andreabremner January 28, 2015 at 10:50 am

The Malin+Goetz Mojito Lip Balm is such a great product!

Andrea
    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

• Reply Jenny January 29, 2015 at 10:17 am

Yes, it really is!

• Reply Sunny January 28, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Hey Jenny, that mojito lip balm sounds so promising! I keep meaning to try Malin + Goetz, but I haven’t yet! Will have to look into it :)

• Reply Jenny January 29, 2015 at 10:17 am

That’s the only product I’ve tried by them, but it will probably lead to me purchasing other products from them! It’s so good!

• Reply Gyudy (@Gyudy) January 29, 2015 at 6:10 am

I’ve been wanting to try something from Malin + Goez forever too! Winter is so demanding for the skin, skipped my oil and opted for moisturizer for two nights in a row and now my skin is terribly dry! xx

Gyudy’s Notes Of Beauty

• Reply Jenny January 29, 2015 at 10:15 am

Oh gosh, I skipped my oil a couple nights ago and the next morning my skin looked like a reptile!

• Reply Catherine Dream January 29, 2015 at 9:57 am

My skin has been acting up this winter too, I’m loosing patience with it.

Tea tree oil is lovely, if sometimes drying.

• Reply Jenny January 29, 2015 at 10:09 am

Yes, it can be drying! I only use it once a day at the moment. In the summer I can get away with using it twice a day. =]

• Reply Maria January 29, 2015 at 10:14 am

Thank you for the suggestions, I think I might try the toner. It has been a while since I’ve ventured into The Body Shop, but I keep seeing bloggers rave about their products here and there. I have combination skin, and break out on occasion. So, this might be something I can use from time to time. Thanks again, and I hope you have a lovely day! XO, Maria