Review

My New Frames // ft. Firmoo Glasses

February 2, 2015

These glasses were sent to me by Firmoo. All opinions are my own.

IMG_4599.1

I was delighted when Firmoo asked if they could send me a pair of prescription glasses in exchange for an (honest) review on my blog. You have no idea how happy I was to choose a new pair of glasses, because none of the glasses I had were actually my prescription. I’m excited to have these in the correct prescription and be able to see things again. Like, leaves on trees and blades of grass.

IMG_4601

Ordering glasses through Firmoo was quick and easy. I first looked at the measurements of my other glasses, since I know those fit my face, and found glasses on Firmoo with the same dimensions. I chose these glasses in the color “brown/clear.” Before completing check-out you enter in your prescription, choose the type of lenses you want, then they’ll be on their way to you!

IMG_4595.1

I was more than willing to do this review, but I had to know if Firmoo offered quality lenses, and alas! They do. They cost a little bit extra, but it’s not much, and it’s totally worth it in the end (especially if you have a high prescription). Had I purchased these glasses myself they would have cost me $100, when a normal pair costs me no less than $500 at any retail store. In case you’re wondering, my eyeglass prescription lenses are -9.25.

FirmooGlasses

I’m pleased to say that I can actually see things again. Without squinting. Aside from being able to see, I like how lightweight these frames are, and I think the coloring goes well with my complexion. I also loved that the glasses came in a sturdy case that reminds me of a map of Middle Earth (even though it’s Seattle, but I can pretend) along with a cleansing cloth. All in all this was a great experience I had with Firmoo, and I will be ordering glasses from them in the future.

Below is the makeup I used for these photos (minus the liquid liner I used). I wear glasses 6/7 days of the week, and this is my normal makeup routine when wearing them. For more tips on how to wear makeup with glasses, read my post here.
IMG_4578.2

What do you think of my new frames? Have you ever ordered glasses online before?

PS: I want to say a huge thank you to Chantal at MOTD Cosmetics for giving me the opportunity to be a Brand Ambassador for her company. The Brand Ambassador campaign has ended, and I couldn’t be more thankful for the time I had getting to know Chantal and the other Brand Ambassadors. Read about these brushes here. Also, support MOTD Cosmetics by following them on instagram: @motd_cosmetics ♥

• Reply Lima (@Fashionicide) February 2, 2015 at 11:49 am

Those glasses look proper retro! I mean tat in a good way btw, haha.

<3 your blog layout! Looks clean and fresh!

Lima // http://www.fashionicide.com

• Reply Becky Hines February 2, 2015 at 12:48 pm

These glasses look amazing on you! You’re stunning! I love the frames, especially how they are clear on the bottom. I have a few different styles of glasses, but can’t seem to find a style that suit me the best! Also, I am loving the case, I’m with you on the Middle Earth, that’s immediately what I thought of when I saw it. Even the good people of Middle Earth need glasses!

Becky, xx / http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

• Reply Jenny February 5, 2015 at 11:10 am

I’m sure any pair of glasses would look great on your beautiful face, Becky!

• Reply Meghan Arnold February 2, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Thanks for the review. I’ve had 1/2 of every pair of glasses I order work, as I am in denial about how abnormally large my face is. I’ll give them a shot! :)

• Reply Jenny February 5, 2015 at 11:11 am

I’ve had to return glasses that I’ve purchased at Coastal TWICE because their lenses are so crappy :( It was so disappointing, which is why I didn’t want to get my hopes up with Firmoo. Luckily they have really nice lenses and I’m so so so happy that I can get glasses from them that can work… and that I can afford!

• Reply Estefania February 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Those glasses look amazing on you!! Sounds like a great site for glasses :)

• Reply Angela Sultanian February 2, 2015 at 2:09 pm

They look really good on you! (I’m facing needing glasses for the first time in my life, so this (and your makeup post) comes at a great time!

• Reply Jenny February 5, 2015 at 11:13 am

Yay! Thank you so much! If you get any glasses from them, let me know how they worked for you! ^_^

• Reply Shireen L. Platt February 2, 2015 at 5:11 pm

I have a pair from Firmoo too and it’s definitely good quality! You choose a really lovely pair and it suits you so well. xx

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

• Reply Jenny February 5, 2015 at 11:14 am

They do have some really nice frames :)

• Reply ElizaDeath Taylor February 2, 2015 at 8:28 pm

These glasses look great on you! That’s awesome you’re able to actually see properly again! I’m actually in the market for a new pair of glasses, so this post is perfectly timed :)

ElizaDeath Taylor

• Reply Jenny February 5, 2015 at 11:14 am

It’s amazing to think of all the details I’ve missed out on just because I haven’t been wearing the right prescription. Hooray for being able to see again!

• Reply Nikki February 3, 2015 at 12:31 am

Those glasses look so good on you! Love the frames you picked!

Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

• Reply Francesca Zee February 3, 2015 at 3:26 am

The one time I ordered glasses online it was not fun. They just didn’t work for my face and despite the company’s promise, would only give me 50% of my money back. I love those frames on you though!!

Batty4Beauty.com

• Reply Jenny February 5, 2015 at 11:15 am

Oh no! I’ve purchased frames from Coastal before, and had to return them because they didn’t work at all for me. It really made for a bad experience, and I didn’t want to purchase frames online again- until Firmoo contacted me for a review. I’m pleased to say they are great to work with, have wonderful customer service, and nice quality frames/lenses. :)

• Reply laura mitbrodt February 3, 2015 at 4:49 am

Those glasses look so cute on you

• Reply Amy February 3, 2015 at 3:38 pm

Oh, your glasses look gorgeous on you ♥
    Amy xx

Perfect Imperfections

• Reply Nicole Walker February 3, 2015 at 7:36 pm

I have always wanted to try ordering frames online and have thought of using Warby Parker, but will definitely try this company out. The glasses you picked look great on you!

xoxo Nicole

• Reply Jenny February 5, 2015 at 11:10 am

I’m not sure how Warby Parker’s lenses are- definitely make sure that they have a good option of lens types first!

• Reply yourdailysweet February 3, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Those glasses look really nice on your face and the brown really suits you :) Also, I am in love with the lip colour you’re wearing – so pretty!

xo, Dolce

• Reply Jessica February 3, 2015 at 10:00 pm

Jenny you look beautiful! These glasses look very nice on you :)

Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

• Reply Jenny February 5, 2015 at 11:16 am

Thank you, Jessica!

• Reply bloomuhble February 3, 2015 at 11:24 pm

Those glasses look so great on your face! Firmoo sounds awesome too, I will have to check them out! I wonder how ordering glasses online works with eye insurance? Your makeup looks so fresh and clean – can’t wait to check out your post on your makeup routine for glasses since I wear mine a lot too!

-Beth

• Reply Jenny February 4, 2015 at 9:41 am

Hi! Firmoo didn’t ask me for eye insurance. All they needed was my prescription, which I already had!

• Reply LindaLibraLoca February 4, 2015 at 2:17 am

Those glasses really suit you well. I just can’t get used to wearing glasses, so it is contacts all day every day, except
    For very rare occaisions.

• Reply Jenny February 4, 2015 at 9:42 am

I wish I was the same! I started wearing glasses when I was 8 years old, then switched to contacts when I was 12, but within the past few years I’ve had to go back to glasses because I can’t find any contacts that don’t hurt my eyes (apparently my body is developing an allergy to contacts, according to my eye doctor).

• Reply laura mitbrodt February 4, 2015 at 2:43 am

Its funny how you mentioned the way I styled my hair. I honestly didn’t intend to style it that way. I usually only wash my hair twice a week and then blow dry it.

• Reply Jenny February 4, 2015 at 9:42 am

Haha! Naturally perfect hair, I love it!

• Reply Alana (@lana_sultana) February 4, 2015 at 5:59 am

Those are some lovely frames! They look so good on you :). I’ve personally been a little wary of buying glasses online because I’m so fussy with how they look/fit considering I wear them all the time. But after reading this post I might give it a go. It looks like there’s probably a lot more variety than what the local optometrist has.
    Lana x
    Lana-sultana.blogspot.com

• Reply Jenny February 4, 2015 at 9:44 am

It’s rather easy with Firmoo. I’ve ordered glasses online through other companies before, and ended up having to return them because the lenses were too crappy for my high prescription. Firmoo gives the dimensions of each pair of frames, so if you look at the inside of your glasses you currently own you’ll see numbers on them somewhere. Those are your dimensions, and if you’re happy with how your current glasses fit, just find some glasses on Firmoo with measurements closely matching yours! It really is so simple, and a heck of a lot cheaper than going to the eye doctor for glasses!

• Reply Maria February 4, 2015 at 10:30 am

Hi Jenny, great review and glasses. They look so cute on you! I’m actually in the market for a new pair of glasses or just getting my new prescription in my old ones. So, I’ll definitely check it out. And, I like all of your make-up. I have a few NYX products, I think I have their mineral powder which is a dupe for Make UP Forever’s version. I’ve been wondering about the illuminating powder, I can see the slight glimmer and glow it leaves, VERY PRETTY! Hope you have a lovely day!

XO, Maria

• Reply naomilovesyou February 4, 2015 at 2:21 pm

You look absolutely lovely! Those glasses are really beautiful!

xo naomiinwonderland.com

• Reply Jenny February 4, 2015 at 2:34 pm

Why thank you! ^_^

• Reply Blaire Bingham February 4, 2015 at 5:11 pm

You look incredibly beautiful with those glasses! They really suit you well, and your make up looks amazing!
    xo, Whitney and Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

• Reply Riotous Lolita February 5, 2015 at 1:31 am

great glasses. love it. and that nyx lip cream is really by the way <3

xx, Riotouslolita

• Reply Nissi Mendes February 5, 2015 at 2:14 am

The glasses suits you very well :-)

• Reply Agata February 5, 2015 at 9:53 am

I love these frames on you, you look so elegant!

• Reply Kat Horrocks (@Kat_Horrocks) February 6, 2015 at 8:26 am

I don’t wear glasses but I think they’re so chic looking! Your makeup as well makes you look so elegant :) beautiful!

• Reply Jenny February 6, 2015 at 10:23 am

Thank you!! =]

• Reply agathalizz February 6, 2015 at 9:14 am

You look gorgeous with this glasses. It suits you perfectly ! And love your perfect make up, you have beautiful eyes, Jenny. Awesome post !
    xoxo
    Liza

• Reply Jenny February 6, 2015 at 10:23 am

Thank you so much!

• Reply Renata Burden (@SpeakinBeautyUK) February 6, 2015 at 12:25 pm

You look great with these glasses! I also love the makeup you’re wearing here. The lip colour is stunning. I can see that being great for S/S. :) xx

Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

• Reply Bernadette February 6, 2015 at 7:03 pm

So many of my favourites in the makeup you are wearing, I absolutely adore the maybelline color tattoos!

• Reply Jenny February 6, 2015 at 8:12 pm

So do I! They have a really nice texture, and can act as a nice base for powder shadows as well!

• Reply Red Retcule February 6, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Love these frames on you! You look simply beautiful! The makeup is perfection.
    Red Reticule
    Red Reticule Collection
    Red Reticule | YouTube

• Reply Jenny February 7, 2015 at 9:49 am

Aw, thank you!

• Reply Deasy Noel February 11, 2015 at 2:41 am

Loving the new pair of glasses! I am currently on the hunt for a new pair as mine is sooo beat up. This is the first time hearing about Firmoo, and I’ll have to look browse their website now :B