Collaboration

Color of the Year 2015 // Collab

April 21, 2015

IMG_6866.1

The theme for this month’s blog collaboration with Isabell, Karissa, and Katharina is the color of the year, Marsala. I love this color. It’s beautiful as an eye shadow, lipstick, nail polish, etc. I chose to go with a lipstick for this shade, as this color around my eyes tends to make me look as though I haven’t slept in weeks (pale girl probz).

I wanted to go with a drugstore product for this one, so I chose a shade I thought looked closest to Marsala, and ended up purchasing the Maybelline Superstay Lip Color in “Unlimited Raisin.” I think this is a beautiful shade, but I don’t really like it on myself, honestly. I think it’s a little too much contrast between it and my pale skin. I added quite a bit of bronzer here to counteract this, buuuuuut, I still think it looks “off.” Perhaps the undertones in this particular lipstick don’t suit me, but as I can never tell the undertones of a lipstick (or any type of cosmetics), I really don’t have a clue.

IMG_6864.1

As for the rest of my makeup, I used:
Lancome Teint Miracle Foundation //Hikari Blush in Tango // Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer //Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Soft Brown //Lorac Pro Palette (the shade ‘taupe’ in my crease and outer corner, and the shade ‘nude’ on my lid) // L’oreal Lineur Intense // Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara

I also tried a Marsala nail polish shade, and it’s such a beautiful color, but again… I have pale, skinny fingers, and when paired with a deep red wine color, it’s not so cute. I think the lipstick was my “safest” choice to showcase this color, haha. I really do love this shade, and was very excited when it was announced as color of the year, but it doesn’t look great on me… and that’s okay.

Have you added Marsala into your makeup routine yet? What do you think? Don’t forget to check out  Isabell, Karissa, and Katharina‘s Marsala inspired posts!

PS: I used all of my MOTD Cosmetics brushes to apply my makeup. Use my coupon code “jenny15” at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase!

• Reply Lena L April 21, 2015 at 11:29 am

Retro chic! You’ve created a beautiful look!
    I haven’t warmed up towards the color, Marsala just yet. I am not sure how the reddish brown undertone would play out on my skintone. I guess I should experimenting with nail polish first.

• Reply Jenny April 21, 2015 at 4:25 pm

I think Marsala looks beaaaaaautiful, on other skin tones, haha!

• Reply laurajaneatelier April 21, 2015 at 11:45 am

I love that lip colour on you! I am going to have to check out that colour at the drug store

• Reply Jayd Alice April 21, 2015 at 11:53 am

I think it looks fab on you! I’m also pale as anything but I love wearing deep red/berry tones, so keep rocking it girrrrrrrrl x

• Reply Jenny April 21, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Haha, thanks! I’m still looking at these photos and cringing, though. Ha.

• Reply alexandra - Glam O'Clock April 21, 2015 at 2:38 pm

As you said in my previous post, we have a similar skin tone and I feel the same about a deep browny-red bareMinerals lipstick I have. However, I really like it on you :) It looks a little bit more mature and formal (not bright and fresh) but paired with a rock-chic outfit, I think it can really work. I LOVE your eye makeup!! xx

Alexandra | Glam O’ClockMAKEUP REVOLUTION GIVEAWAY

• Reply Jenny April 21, 2015 at 4:26 pm

Haha, well thank you! I honestly don’t see myself ever wearing this lipstick again, buuuut, I’ll hang on to it just in case I do wear a rock-chic outfit in the future :)

• Reply Agata April 21, 2015 at 3:01 pm

This lip color is perfection on you! The whole look is beautiful, and your hair looks stunning too!

• Reply Jenny April 21, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Thank you, Agata! I’ve recently been letting my hair air dry, and I think it’s made my hair look a heck of a lot healthier.

• Reply Meghan Arnold April 21, 2015 at 7:40 pm

I use this color on my nails from time to time. I’m pretty pale, but darker colors like this and plum somehow work with me. Maybe it works with my sun damage from running? I’ll never know.

• Reply Isabell April 22, 2015 at 3:49 am

So gorgeous, I love that lipstick on you!

• Reply Alina April 22, 2015 at 5:39 am

Love this look, that lipstick on you is just stunning. Marsala is definitely a great colour on you, it’s also a shade that I have been trying to incorporate more into my makeup as I just love it but I’m more about the marsala inspired eye looks x

Beauty with charm

• Reply Nicole April 22, 2015 at 5:56 am

You look gorgeous!! I especially love the lipstick color! :)

New post on GIRL ABOUT TOWN BLOG
    FACEBOOK || BLOGLOVIN || INSTAGRAM || G +

• Reply Katharina April 22, 2015 at 8:12 am

I am so in love with your winged eyeliner!! I wish I could do it that beautiful, too. Also the lipstick looks great on you! :) <3

• Reply Shireen L. Platt April 22, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I actually love the shade on you, it gives you such a sophisticated and polished look! I have yet to get anything ‘Marsala’ yet but I also haven’t been makeup shopping for some time now. LOL!

Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

• Reply Ruby April 22, 2015 at 7:00 pm

Love this colour so much! Your eye makeup is so pretty too, the whole look works so well! x

• Reply Amy April 22, 2015 at 7:29 pm

What a lovely look! I think that it actually looks really nice on you ♥
    Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

• Reply Angela Angeline April 23, 2015 at 9:05 am

That lipstick is beautiful on you. It really brings out the colour of your skin!

• Reply Egle-Makeup Demon April 23, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Very nice makeup! i like your lipstick 😉

• Reply Jen April 23, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Ooh, the marsala lips- so pretty on you! Your liner looks flawless too :)

• Reply Vintage Alley Blog April 26, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Ha! I thought I was the only one who could never tell the undertones of stuff. However, I can always tell the difference between a red with pink undertones and a red with blue undertones. BTW your makeup looks amazing :)

• Reply Jessica May 2, 2015 at 9:35 am

I think the color looks beautiful on you! You are gorgeous!

Jessica
    pyreflies.org

• Reply kristen @ glambunctious May 10, 2015 at 3:50 pm

I LOVE this on you! It’s so different from your normal lip looks; maybe that’s why you’re not in love with it on you? Whenever I wear a true red or something bright, a/k/a completely out of my pinky-brown norm, people seem to really respond to it, even though I feel strange in it. I think it’s just out of our comfort zones?! You look beautiful, Jenny! Oh and as a gal who came of age in the ’90s, brown-based lipsticks are definitely a fave for me. I was thrilled with the Marsala announcement!

• Reply Jessy May 13, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Lovely look!! :) it really suits your green eyes!

Dorky-and-weird.blogspot.com